Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My Grandma...

...is getting neck surgery tomorrow, Thursday the 5th, at noon.

After the surgery, she will have two screws in her neck, one screw in her skull, a neck brace, and a bald spot.

To top it off, she is planning on going on a motor-home rally a week later.

I love that about my grandma. I don't think it's a good idea to go on a trip after having screws drilled into her neck and head, but I have to admire her drive.

Did I tell you she went to Disneyland when she had a broken neck? Yeah, that's drive. ...or red-headed stubbornness.

Anyway, if you are into praying, or even if you aren't, please pray for my grandma. Please pray that the surgery will go smoothly and that she will heal quickly. Not only is she having surgery, but she is in the hospital through Easter and into Monday. My grandma doesn't like laying around and feeling stuck. She doesn't like people taking care of her. She wants to take care of other people. Please pray for patience. Please pray for my grandpa. He doesn't like cooking. He might starve while she is gone. haha. just kidding. But he could probably use some peace and patience himself.

Thanks for the help.

I love you, Nana. And I am praying for you.

No comments: